Under Slab P Trap

Users who are viewing this thread

carl2000

Reaction score
I’m installing a basement shower. The drain location is near the 4 inch main. Which option is better for the P trap location. I have it roughed in as option 1, without cementing the joints. It’s looking close to an S trap with a crown vent.

With option 2, is it acceptable to have the P trap below the 4 inch main?

Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_4474.jpeg
    IMG_4474.jpeg
    60.3 KB · Views: 144
  • IMG_4472.jpeg
    IMG_4472.jpeg
    92.6 KB · Views: 144

Al S

Engineer
Reaction score
I have an under basement slab P- trap connected to the 4 inch main that then exits the house. Because there is a full bath 20+ feet from the trap, the pitch has the trap about 2 feet under the slab. The wood surrounding the trap has all disintegrated and the dirt is starting to fall onto the p trap. Any suggestions how to re-create an access box of sorts to get to the p-trap for clean-outs?

Al S

Engineer
Reaction score
I have an under basement slab P- trap connected to the 4 inch main that then exits the house. Because there is a full bath 20+ feet from the trap, the pitch has the trap about 2 feet under the slab. The wood surrounding the trap has all disintegrated and the dirt is starting to fall onto the p trap. Any suggestions how to re-create an access box of sorts to get to the p-trap for clean-outs?

Attachments

• IMG_3106.jpeg
    IMG_3106.jpeg
    121.1 KB · Views: 147

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
I’m installing a basement shower. The drain location is near the 4 inch main. Which option is better for the P trap location. I have it roughed in as option 1, without cementing the joints. It’s looking close to an S trap with a crown vent.

With option 2, is it acceptable to have the P trap below the 4 inch main?

Thanks
I would wet vent the shower with the lav come off the main flat for the shower put a 2 inch combi and on top run over to the lav location with a santee for the lav at proper height a 2x 1 1/2 x 1 1/2 santee for the lav of cource the pipe underslab will have normal 1/4 " per4 foot slope