Old Brass Drain

Users who are viewing this thread

sixfoot

Reaction score
So I just demolished my shower that was built 50 years ago. It is in a basement on a concrete slab. The drain is made from brass. When I shine my light down the drain it is about 2 feet to the trap. I managed to get the brass drains' interior to come up about 6 inches. The drain does not come out. It is a slip fitting with a flange that stops at the lip. Anyway, I am planning to "pour" a shower pan with that thick black plastic sheeting. It looks as though I need to use this drain somehow so that I can tile the floor as well...Any Ideas???????Thanks.

sixfoot

Reaction score
The whole drain and trap assembly is completely entombed in the concrete. There is no working room. The Drain itself is in good shape, however, and just want to be able to create a watertight floor with tile and the old drain. The drain does not appear to have any type of weeping....

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
To do a proper shower, you need a clamping drain with weep holes.

If you're going to build a tiled shower, I suggest you check out www.johnbridge.com they are almost exclusively devoted to showers and other tiling projects.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks