Odds Stacked Against Stackable Washer/Dryer

Users who are viewing this thread

Thomas K

Reaction score
Hi! I have beat my head against a brick wall trying to devise the best way to vent a LG stackable dryer in a closet-sized area of about 34" wide. It will be installed behind the X in photo, in corner of second floor bathroom. The only way I can see doing it is to install a DryerJack (brand name) vent on the roof, said vent being about 4 feet from dryer outlet. Then install washer/dryer, with vent stack attached to dryer, into place and reach up above dryer to foil-tape the dryer vent and pipe from roof vent together.

Then I saw this video on YouTube:

I'm just wondering if this a viable solution, or maybe just a lark.

Thanks for any replies!

Attachments

• x 001.jpg
    x 001.jpg
    109.6 KB · Views: 180
Last edited:

Thomas K

Reaction score
Video is not a good solution for me. I will be buying an LG stacking kit and installing them both as one unit.

My wife came in as I was looking over photos of corner (like attached photo) and pointed something out that, for some reason, I hadn't even considered.

She asked me why I didn't fabricate an access panel in that kitchen pantry drywall to get to vent with washer/dryer installed. I can cut through exterior brick (it's rear of house), install a wall vent there, and then run a rigid aluminum vent pipe down at a 45 degree angle from dryer to vent.

That's why I love my wife.

Attachments

• IMG_1666 (1).JPG
    IMG_1666 (1).JPG
    86.3 KB · Views: 174
Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks