Looking at replacing an LG washer / dryer combo unit with a stackable ventless dryer - do I need a plumber?

Users who are viewing this thread

jestrauss03

Reaction score
Hi! I have an LG high-efficiency front loading washer / dryer combo unit already in my apartment. I want to replace it with a stackable system (separate units) that uses a ventless dryer (I live in an apartment building).

Do I need a plumber to add any additional pipes or can I just install it with Best Buy / Home Depot installers?

Thanks!!

Fitter30

Reaction score
Don't know why you need a plumber because eveything is there water and the drain. Would need a sheet metal cap or some insulation to seal off the drier vent.

WorthFlorida

Clinical Trail 5th session completed 4/24/24.
Solutions
Reaction score
For ventless dryers is there will be condensation that must be drained with a hose or into a pail. Probably you can use the washer drain stack. Ventless dryers are smaller, drum size, and takes longer to dry than a conventional one.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks