Washer Stack Clarification

Users who are viewing this thread

Thomas K

Reaction score
Hi! I am plumbing in a stackable LG washer and dryer on second floor. I have read that a 2" washer stack (will be attached to washer box) and P trap, vented by 1 1/2" vent pipe, needs a 4" drain pipe to keep it from being an illegal S trap. Is this true? I was planning a horizontal run under the floor joists (room below is gutted) to tie in with the 2" pipe where laundry was in lower level.

Reach4

Reaction score
I am plumbing in a stackable LG washer and dryer on second floor. I have read that a 2" washer stack (will be attached to washer box) and P trap, vented by 1 1/2" vent pipe, needs a 4" drain pipe to keep it from being an illegal S trap. Is this true?
Rediculous.
I was planning a horizontal run under the floor joists (room below is gutted) to tie in with the 2" pipe where laundry was in lower level.
I suggest you make a sketch. You can use a paint program, or a pencil drawing that you scan, or a Sharpie drawing that you photograph.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks