No water pressure

Users who are viewing this thread

LTS

Reaction score
I have an electric hot water heater , (old, 20 yrs?) I had good pressure out of it until the water at the main was cut off for plumbing work. Since turning water back on , very little pressure, steady trickle , no air or sputtering. Also the waters are reversed, cold on hot side and hot on cold. I have drained the tank and refilled it, now still no pressure at the shower bathroom and kitchen sink, but no water coming to the tub.
Any thoughts on this?? I am thinking a clog somewhere but need professional advice. Thanks for any info or help.

Reach4

Reaction score
I had good pressure out of it until the water at the main was cut off for plumbing work. Since turning water back on , very little pressure, steady trickle , no air or sputtering. Also the waters are reversed, cold on hot side and hot on cold.
I am not a professional. I find that last sentence to be odd, so I will mostly disregard it.

I suggest you post a photo of the top (presuming your piping comes out of the top) of your WH including the pipes and valves connected to the WH. This is to let people see if there is any gadget or odd plumbing up there.

Also consider getting a pressure gauge with a garden hose thread. Expect to pay less than $20 locally. Put that gauge on the WH drain and open the drain valve. What happens to the water pressure on the gauge while a low-pressure faucet is open?

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
All top-fed WH have the connections labeled as hot/cold because the cold inlet has a dip tube, directing the cold water towards the bottom of the tank, otherwise, it would quickly dilute the outgoing hot water with that cold inlet water. BUT, on some, you can move the dip tube, so the markings MIGHT no longer be accurate, but it would work fine (confusing others in the process!). But, if it also has heat traps on those connections, those must also must be swapped, and if not, can restrict the flow or even stop it.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks