Users who are viewing this thread

Martiens J Bekker

Reaction score
Hi
I have a Høiax 200lt, single element heater/geyser. Age not known, but bought it with the home 2016.
Replaced element 2017.
The main Breaker tripped and it seems that the heater/geyser was the case. In the end I had replace the Breaker.
Geyser however stopped heating the water. Although element had continuity and electricity supply, I replaced it with a new element. Then we had warm water for a day or two.
Then no warm water again. I then replaced the Thermostat. Still no warm water at all!
I will attempt flushing the tank today.
What else could be the problem?

There is rockblasting work being done about 700m from the house. Strangely all this started after one really big blast, but that's probably just coincidence?

WorthFlorida

Clinical Trail 5th session completed 4/24/24.
Solutions
Reaction score
No idea on the cause of your problem. Check that the line voltage is correct and after you changed the heating element, were you sure the tank was full of water before turning the power back on? If no, the element was damaged and it took a day before it failed.

Martiens J Bekker

Reaction score
No idea on the cause of your problem. Check that the line voltage is correct and after you changed the heating element, were you sure the tank was full of water before turning the power back on? If no, the element was damaged and it took a day before it failed.
Thanks for your reply!
Voltage was correct and we used wam water. The tank has a single water connection where both lines connect. His fitting also has closing valve. Do you now want this par is called?

WorthFlorida

Clinical Trail 5th session completed 4/24/24.
Solutions
Reaction score
I cannot get a translation for this PDF file. There is a tube from the top of the tank to the bottom and that would be for cold water. Somewhere the hot water is drawn off from the top. It looks to me you have one tub that does both. In North America water heaters there are two separate pipes, one for cold inlet that and the hot outlet. There is a third fitting for the temperature and pressure relief valve.

All I can suggest is remove the power and disconnect the wires to the heating element and do an ohm reading. From the PDF file, part number 12 or 22, is that a thermostat or a control board?

https://megaflis.no/media/files/21019/TD_2017_Titanium_Eco.pdf

Martiens J Bekker

Reaction score
Thanks again and for sharing the Megafis site!
No worries about translation, my Norwegian knowledge will manage
The connector I asked you about is a 'bladingkobling' or a mixer valve. I managed to get into town earlier on and went to our plumbing supplier.
It allows cold water in and at the same time hot water out, while allowing a cold/hot mixing option as well.
Why, I cannot figure out? I'm familiar with geysers with the cold and hot positioned bottom and top.
I'm flushing the tank now and cold water definitely enters the tank.
I've checked the Ohms reading on the element and it is now reading zero. Element is not older than a week though.
I have a spare with a 28 Ohms reading which I'll install now and see how it goes.
Thanks again for your time and effort!
I'm busy flushing

Reach4

Reaction score
I have a spare with a 28 Ohms reading which I'll install now and see how it goes.
At 240 volts, that would be about 2057 watts initially, and that would drop some as the resistance rises due to higher temperature. Is that about the expected wattage?

The connector I asked you about is a 'bladingkobling' or a mixer valve. I managed to get into town earlier on and went to our plumbing supplier.
It allows cold water in and at the same time hot water out, while allowing a cold/hot mixing option as well.
Thermostatic mixing valves are often used to supply the hot water to sinks and showers and tubs to prevent scalding.

Another use is to allow you to set the geyser (WH=water heater) to a higher temp, and be able to provide "tempered hot" at a higher volume than the WH can supply. This presumes the WH is pressurized to the same pressure as the cold.

Martiens J Bekker

Reaction score
Unbelievable! New Thermo and element installed last Wednesday, identical to those removed. Wiring done exactly the same.
We had warm water since then or Wed last week, but just cold this morning.
All Volt readings are 235-236V, but zero Ohms on the element. Reset on new thermostat was not triggered. Pushed it anyway a couple of hours ago with no later change.
Only cold water coming out of the tank drain valve!
Seems the new element has gone?
At the point of giving up on this geyser.
I can install a new geyser... next pay day.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks