No air flow from vent!

Users who are viewing this thread

abe7900

Reaction score
I have a vent in the upstairs bathroom that has little air flow. It gets so cold in the winter, the water pipes freeze not allowing any water flow. I believe its just a very long run with several turns. I've heard of installing a vent fan to increase the airflow to that bathroom but not sure how to go about installing it. Please advise. Thanks

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
In-line duct fans are available at both the big box stores and (probably better quality ones) at HVAC supply stores. First, though, you may have ducts that are disconnected, or a damper is closed. I know I had a problem with one of mine, and after investigation, found that the flexible duct to it had actually disconnected from the supply duct...it was blowing into the attic. Often when the things were put in, they also weren't sealed very well, so if you have access to any of the runs, check for leaks. Do not use duct tape for this, it will dry out and leak. They make metalized tape. It has a release paper on the back, and is what is designed to seal seams on ducts.

Verdeboy

In the Trades
Reaction score
You can always get a little ceramic heater if all else fails.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks