Newbie here!! Where o Where do I even start to get water from the well??

Users who are viewing this thread

Nancyh

Reaction score
I have a very old pump that needs to be replaced.....But, first I need to find out if it is worth the investment. The last time the pump was used was about 8-10 years ago. It's attached to a very old sprinkler system where you have to turn one zone on at a time from different locations in the yard. Antiquated yes, but was still functional. When adding onto the house last year, the underground water pipes in the yard area had to be cut in order to build on that area of the yard. Long story short....I have a well/pump that has the lines going out into the yard that have been cut. Do I need to cap off these lines in order to have the possibility of adding a new pump and allowing the water to be accessible? I'm thinking if I don't, that if a pump was added that the water would just run out to all these cut off water lines. The well was used with no issues at all for at least 55 years, but not used in last 8-10 years. Would the well go dry? I live in Florida and the water table is not very deep but this well was dug extra deep when it was installed. It was used for drinking water for at least 20 years. It's an old Sta-Rite pump. It is the original pump but I had all new electrical wiring run to the outside connection so I know that part will work for sure. Just don't know where to start!!! What kind of pump should I buy? I just want to run hoses from the main faucet. Not looking to try to hook up to sprinkler again.

Reach4

Reaction score
Is the pump underground, above ground with one pipe to the well, or two pipes to the well? How about a photo what you can see?

Nancyh

Reaction score
IMG_3737 copy.jpg

Nancyh

Reaction score
If you just want to run some hoses you only need a small pump like a J7S or J10S and a PK1A kit to keep it from cycling while running hoses.

View attachment 98441
That pump looks like it cost about $6-700. Is that the average price of a pump that would be needed for shallow well and is that brand one you would recommend? The one on there is a Sta-Rite.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks