New Walkout Basement toilet doesn't flush

Users who are viewing this thread

Raghunath Rayasam

Reaction score
Hi Experts.

I have new walkout basement built 1 month ago, the toilet doesn't flush. When I flush the water reaches until
the brim level and flushes very slow leaving a large amount of water in the bowl. I have replaced with the new toilet and have checked the drain pipe by pouring 2 buckets of water. The water flows fine without any clog.
But still the issue persist. Please advice.

thanks

Reach4

Reaction score
Any photos of the piping before you poured the concrete? How about a sketch of the drain and vent pipes, to the extent that you know them?

A camera would be a good tool. There should not be standing water on the way to the septic tank or city sewer.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Several things can cause a toilet to not flush properly:
- an obstruction - note, it may pass liquids, but solids cause things to become slowed down; this could be in the toilet, or maybe a wax ring that slipped, partially blocking the outlet, or anywhere down the line
- improperly sloped drain line - waste will not flow uphill, and doesn't like level spots much either - it will not flush if the line is already full

Trying two different toilets would seem to rule out the toilet being the issue unless the same mistake was made in installing them. You may need to get the line scoped with a camera to see what's going on. A good operator and proper system can not only view the lines, but also detect the slope of the line along the way.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks