New toilets inspection advice

Users who are viewing this thread

LiJet

Reaction score
Hello, been lurking these forums ever since moving into my house (such a great resource and good search results). I decided to replace 3 of the original toilets from the builder with ToTo Entrada (spent many hours research here, finally settled and ordered).

I just received the toilets and doing some inspections on them before installing. Followed advice here on where to look for cracks on the tank connectors and bowl. All 3 tanks and 2 of the bowls appear to be flawless. The last bowl looks to have hairline crack around the outside ring on the bottom outlet/trap (shallow can't feel on the inside).

Is this just a cosmetic crack? Is it something to worry about when fully installed with wax ring+flange?
Want to know if I should just go and return for a replacement. I'm very cognizant of water damage as I am also dealing with water damage from the upstairs leak (from toilet's water supply line/valve) a few months back.

Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• entrada-bottom.jpg
    entrada-bottom.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 197

LiJet

Reaction score
Appreciate the responses and thank you for the assurance, Terry!
I was thinking the chances of any leaks are low since it'll be plugged up and the crack is around the ring not across (returning would have been a hassle).

Is it weird to be excited about installing a quality toilet and moving away from the low grade builder quality ones ;)

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks