New to well pump/system need some help

Users who are viewing this thread

ljvanbo

Reaction score
I am not that familiar with how well systems work although I understand all of the basic components/functions of it and of plumbing. I have an old home hat we are remodeling, during the demolition phase the holding tank and I possibly an internal pump were removed (the parts were thrown out and I thought I remember seeing a pump). After working for a few months on the structure we are ready to hook up water. I currently have 3 lines coming into the house. One with the power hookup for the pump - it is a 2 wire 220 hookup. One that is the inlet line and another that I assume is a return line. I hooked power directly to the pump and it immediately pumped water - but for only 2-3 seconds then it shut off. If I leave the power on it will come back on and then do the same thing, shut off for 20-30 seconds and then come on for 2-3. It acts like it has an internal breaker that is cutting out then reseting. Being that the hose comes directly from the pump and there is no holding tank or any type of pressure regulator installed I am not sure if that may be causing the short cycling of the pump or that maybe it is just an old pump that needs to be replaced. Any suggestions that will help me diagnose this would be appreciated.

Thanks
Lee

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks