New NPE2 units coming out

Users who are viewing this thread

JojoM

Reaction score
I just had a NPE240A installed a few weeks ago and see that Navien will be releasing a version 2 in the next few months. Their website doesn't really list the differences other to say the new unit has a different exhaust collar and can run longer 2" PVC.

Have any of you been able to see them or been updated on them? My installer never mentioned a newer unit coming out . Just curious if I should have waited.
Thank You

Breplum

Licensed plumbing contractor
Reaction score
As of Feb. 2020 reveal:
1. Micro-switch in vent the collar, to solve the issue of doofs failing to insert PVC pipe fully.
2. No dip switches. Everything now controlled from the front buttons.
maybe: no extra hot-button board to buy, comes all ready for a push button arrangement (I haven't installed a new one since Feb 2020 so, not really sure)

Vinny01

Reaction score
I’d be curious on price point vs current model. Having the hot button board already included is a nice add on. Seems you pay a decent buck for these units only to pay for additional add on.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks