New Moen faucet causing refrigerator not to produce ice?

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice' started by Pink Jazz, Oct 13, 2020.

1. Pink Jazz

Pink Jazz New Member

Yesterday, we installed our new U by Moen faucet. We are excited about it. Since we drank a lot of water yesterday during installation, we used a lot of ice.

However, when waking up this morning, I noticed our refrigerator was low on ice. Our icemaker was just replaced just a few months ago.

I wonder, could our new faucet be causing our refrigerator not to produce ice? I checked the refrigerator, the pressure on the water dispenser seems to be fine, and there is ice in the tray. Perhaps I should give it time. I find it odd that our new faucet would cause our ice maker not to work, since our new U by Moen is 1.5 gpm while our old Delta faucet was 1.8 gpm.

2. Pink Jazz

Pink Jazz New Member

I called LG and they told me how to reset the ice maker. The current batch of ice that I had wasn't completely frozen, so I guess I should give it time.

My guess is that we used so much ice that our ice maker couldn't keep up.

3. Sponsor

Sponsor Paid Advertisement

4. Pink Jazz

Pink Jazz New Member

Looks like our icemaker is working fine. I guess it was just a fluke.