New house, missing well storage and interior plumbing, some questions

Users who are viewing this thread

JustinChase

Reaction score
So, I'm about to re-plumb my new house, but it's missing everything on the inside. The well pump works, but the water line and electric are cut once they enter the basement/crawl space, coming from the well.

I think want to install a holding tank and I think a Cycle Stop Valve is a good idea also. In my other house, I installed a contained Grunfos pump with holding tank built in. It takes a second to kick in, but then runs at a constant pressure until the tap is turned off. I like the way this works, and understand the CSV will make this new system behave the same way, but with just a holding tank on the inside, and the well pump in the well.

I'm not a real plumber, but am comfortable doing plumbing myself, with some research to make sure I don't screw it up :)

So, is there any sort of guide or basic diagram I can review, or other guidance on the normal or preferred way to plumb from the well into this system, then out towards the water heater and cold supply?

I don't want to forget to add an access, or drain, or a shut off, or backflow preventer, or anything else I don't know to install yet.

Appreciate any and all help!

Thanks

Reach4

Reaction score
I think the tank you are calling a holding tank is a pressure tank. A holding tank is something else.

Take a look at the links on https://cyclestopvalves.com/pages/pk1a-pside-kick
Those will answer many of your questions.

I don't want to forget to add an access, or drain, or a shut off, or backflow preventer, or anything else I don't know to install yet.
You usually don't want to have a check valve when you have a submersible pump.

JustinChase

Reaction score
Thanks for the prompt and informative response. Yes, I meant pressure tank, not holding tank.

That looks like a great solution. I'll give them a call tomorrow to confirm what exactly I'll need from them.

Now, to figure out what else I need in this system, and how to route it all.

JustinChase

Reaction score
Thanks for that info.

Do i need any sediment filter before the tank/valve? My current house is spring fed, so I have one that I have to change every month or 2. Does well water need this also, or can I skip it for a well?

I'm watching the video now.

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
Only if your well has sediment will a filter be needed. If it is clean well water don't filter it. If you have to filter just put it after the PK1A and before the water lines to the house.

JustinChase

Reaction score
Thanks again. I ordered the PK1A today and everyone was super helpful. She even rushed to beat the delivery man to get it on its way today!

I appreciate the help and look forward to long, hot, high pressure showers

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks