New house diagram

Users who are viewing this thread

Avdey1984

Reaction score
Hey guys I’m planning to do my own plumbing for new house we are building. I was wondering is there a program that can do a whole house plumbing diagram.

Attachments

• IMG_5585.jpeg
    IMG_5585.jpeg
    88.2 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_5584.jpeg
    IMG_5584.jpeg
    85.2 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_5583.jpeg
    IMG_5583.jpeg
    80.6 KB · Views: 47

James Henry

In the Trades
Reaction score
There is no program in existence that can design a plumbing system that I know of. Someone might help you here or I would hire an engineer.

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
If there was such program I wouldnt be aware of it.
I took a look its really hard for me to envision as I wouldnt know where you want the drain to exit the foundation , if the basment is pumped or gravity, (Elevation required at exit of foundation) the small postage stamp floor plans with so much on there writing and such that I couldnt read, would need to see where the joists run and beams are to name a few. but I guess you could hire someone to draw it up localy.

Avdey1984

Reaction score
Okay yeah we are doing daylight out basement and the main drain will go to the east or left of the plans. How much would someone charge me if they could make a plan.

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
I always did my own drawing For the upper floors Id use tracing paper and trace out the floor plan and then overlay it to figure out where my stacks would come up. No Idea what you would pay for drawings never heard of anyone paying for them on a house. Im sure you can have it done though

Sbude57

Reaction score
Are you on a sewer system, or septic tank? That pretty much dictates where you have to start. If it's septic, generally it comes in rather high, in which case any basement fixtures would have to be on an ejector. The rest of the house would be gravity. Might still have to be that way with a sewer, depending on the exterior elevation, and where the drain enters the building. It might be worth your while and invest in a plumbing code book for your area. Anyone local you could hire for a consult?

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
If I actually had prints in front of me it might make sence but the blurry images and my screen size make it difficult should be simple for a local plumber to draw you up a plan though

bingow

Reaction score
Hopefully not offending any pro here who may also be an author, I used Peter Hemp's book, Plumbing a House, Taunton Press 1994, plus Code Check Plumbing (same source), for reference. The book was before PEX, which I ended up using, but the basics still applied. Those books, and a little guidance from friendly state inspectors, were sufficient. Maybe there's an updated version of Hemp's. His tutorial on "altitude" is probably still gospel.

ThomasWalsh

Reaction score
Planning your own plumbing for your new house sounds like an exciting project! Taking on such a task requires careful consideration and thorough planning. Fortunately, there are several programs available that can assist you in creating a comprehensive plumbing diagram for your entire house.

GReynolds929

Reaction score
Planning your own plumbing for your new house sounds like an exciting project! Taking on such a task requires careful consideration and thorough planning. Fortunately, there are several programs available that can assist you in creating a comprehensive plumbing diagram for your entire house.
Nice bot

GReynolds929

Reaction score
It's usually a marketing tactic by seo optimization companies. Create a post stealth in a link later and improve web traffic to linked page

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks