New Delta valve now shower head leaking

Users who are viewing this thread

JOSEPH6035

Reaction score
master bath stall shower -original parts ----Had my delta 1400 series valve leak at a valve seam - no other leaks, drips etc . Valve was replaced by plumber with new cartridge, new round covers,handle etc with the current 14 series i believe. 10 hrs later the shower head started to drip, it would stop for a few minutes then go back to a steady drip--plumber became a ghost and wont return calls so i got a new delta cartridge , installed ,drip stopped, used shower , still no head leaks , 3 hrs later shower is back to dripping , slightly less then before but drip still their ??? new valve, 2 cartridges ---any clue ---im getting ready to call delta or another plumber but think it may not help

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Does it ever stop? It can take 30-minutes or more for all the water in the shower arm to eventually drain out.

If it never stops, you may have a scratch or other defect in the valve body, so the new cartridge can't seal.

JOSEPH6035

Reaction score
Does it ever stop? It can take 30-minutes or more for all the water in the shower arm to eventually drain out.

If it never stops, you may have a scratch or other defect in the valve body, so the new cartridge can't seal.
it is very intermittent - it will drip 24 hrs after last use stop for hrs then start a slow drip again---- it should not have to drain out if the handle is off since its not a tub with a lower spout- maybe im wrong but if valve is closed with handle off why is their enought pressure to force water up - i do believe new vb maybe issue myself

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
The shower arm points down. Think finger over the end of a straw. the water in the downward pointing section of the shower arm will, eventually drain. how long it takes, can't tell you, but it is fairly common for it to continue to drip for awhile.

Plumber Man

In the Trades
Reaction score
Leave the shower arm in and remove the shower head. If you do not see any signs of dripping with the shower head removed that's more than likely residual water from the head. If it continues to drip without the head it is likely the cartridge or the valve having a defect.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks