New bathroom sink faucets

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice' started by Steve Hinkamp, Jan 9, 2014.

  1. Steve Hinkamp

    Steve Hinkamp New Member

    Aug 5, 2009
    Hi All,

    I've gotten really good advice here before, so I'm back for more. As a recently retired person, I have lots of time to devote to projects. My current project is to replace the 4" center faucet sets (3 holes in basins) in the two bathrooms of my manufactured home. The original faucets have short faucets which make you press your hands against the back of the basin when washing. I'm a mechanic and I'm always getting grease and dirt on the back of the basin. The plug mechanisms don't work very well either. Anyway, I would like to get Moen Barbury or Delta Porter faucets or something similar as replacements. I like that the faucet arcs above the basin and is closer to the center of the basin. I also like that you can swivel the faucet from side to side. My problem is that I would like to get faucet sets in gold or brass color, and these seem to be unavailable in the above-mentioned faucets. Do any of you have any suggestions on where I can get brass or gold faucets similar to what I've described? Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thank you.

  2. jadnashua

    jadnashua Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx

    Sep 2, 2004
    Retired Systems engineer for defense industry.
    New England
    This may make your search more productive...most manufacturers either come with, or offer as an option, a plate to cover the three holes when using a single-handle faucet that may fit in the center hole of your sink(s). Look closely at the diameter of that hole to ensure it will fit. That might open up some alternatives.

    Some don't like single handle valves, but I prefer them, and, it would also solve your problem about being more forward - it should keep your hands a long ways from the back wall.
  3. Sponsor

    Sponsor Paid Advertisement

  4. hj

    hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

    Aug 31, 2004
    Cave Creek, Arizona
    The "trim plate" would normally come with the faucet if it was "convertible", and if not it would need to be from the same manufacturer to match the color. Polished brass and gold have pretty much run their course and are NOT the finishes of choice, any more. Delta does make some faucets in "brilliant brass" which is a muted polished brass. Other than that, you will probably have to go with faucets from some of the specialty companies, which by definition are usually quite pricey.
Similar Threads: bathroom sink
Forum Title Date
Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice Leak under bathroom sink Aug 28, 2017
Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice Bathroom Sink Plumbing Aug 27, 2017
Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice Convert bathroom vanity from single sink to double sink Aug 25, 2017
Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice Trying To Find Brand Of Bathroom Sink Faucet Aug 23, 2017
Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice Help installing bathroom sinks Aug 17, 2017

Share This Page