New bathroom sink faucets

Users who are viewing this thread

Steve Hinkamp

Reaction score
Hi All,

I've gotten really good advice here before, so I'm back for more. As a recently retired person, I have lots of time to devote to projects. My current project is to replace the 4" center faucet sets (3 holes in basins) in the two bathrooms of my manufactured home. The original faucets have short faucets which make you press your hands against the back of the basin when washing. I'm a mechanic and I'm always getting grease and dirt on the back of the basin. The plug mechanisms don't work very well either. Anyway, I would like to get Moen Barbury or Delta Porter faucets or something similar as replacements. I like that the faucet arcs above the basin and is closer to the center of the basin. I also like that you can swivel the faucet from side to side. My problem is that I would like to get faucet sets in gold or brass color, and these seem to be unavailable in the above-mentioned faucets. Do any of you have any suggestions on where I can get brass or gold faucets similar to what I've described? Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thank you.

shinkamp

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
This may make your search more productive...most manufacturers either come with, or offer as an option, a plate to cover the three holes when using a single-handle faucet that may fit in the center hole of your sink(s). Look closely at the diameter of that hole to ensure it will fit. That might open up some alternatives.

Some don't like single handle valves, but I prefer them, and, it would also solve your problem about being more forward - it should keep your hands a long ways from the back wall.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
The "trim plate" would normally come with the faucet if it was "convertible", and if not it would need to be from the same manufacturer to match the color. Polished brass and gold have pretty much run their course and are NOT the finishes of choice, any more. Delta does make some faucets in "brilliant brass" which is a muted polished brass. Other than that, you will probably have to go with faucets from some of the specialty companies, which by definition are usually quite pricey.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks