New bathroom remodel advice

Users who are viewing this thread

JSPA

Reaction score
I am working on remodeling 2 back-to-back bathrooms in a 1950's home. I put together the attached drawing and wanted to run it past the pros here before final plumbing so I get it right the first time.

A couple notes not on drawing:
1. Plan is to cut old copper 3" horizontal before first toilet connection and convert to PVC with Fernco.
2. The vent is the only one on house (2.5 bathrooms and typical stuff like laundry/kitchen/etc)

I have been using this forum for years and really appreciate the great discussion and assistance given. First time posting so if more info is needed I can try to supply. Thanks.

Attachments

• bathroom plumbing.jpg
    bathroom plumbing.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 142

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Two or more lavs will need 2"
They make a shielded coupling for copper to PVC. That's the one with a metal wrap to prevent the pipes from shifting, which does happen with an all rubber coupling.
Your tub and shower are not vented correctly. I can't tell if the lavs are either from the drawing.

JSPA

Reaction score
What additional info would be needed to determine Lav venting? I was not planning any changes on the tub/shower fixtures because their connection to the main is not visible, so I have no way to determine what their connections look like. For what it's worth, I have never had flow issues with those two fixtures.

JSPA

Reaction score
So I revamped my layout a bit based on your feedback and other posts about double vanities. I also picked up the copper to PVC shielded coupling you mentioned. Thanks.

Attachments

• bathroom plumbing rev1.jpg
    bathroom plumbing rev1.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 136

JSPA

Reaction score
The picture below is what I was going for on the double tee-wye (sorry, unsure of exact name for fitting). The left sink would then tie in to the vertical below that double fitting.

What makes the right hand toilets/tub/shower not considered "wet-vented" from the 3" drain line? I was basing the layout on the attached from a book put out by the International Code Council about venting procedures. Any suggestions on what I am missing?
double_lav_rough_1.jpg

Attachments

• sample wet vent.jpg
    sample wet vent.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 134
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks