New Bathroom Layout

Users who are viewing this thread

tealetm

Reaction score
Hi all-

Looking for a bit of confirmation here before I start ripping into walls/floors.

I'm splitting an existing bedroom into a new bedroom/bathroom. Layout is very limited with odd wall heights and sloped ceilings- this is really the only fixture layout that works. I'm going to be working with a plumber but doing all the demo/carpentry myself and I need a good plan in place before I begin the demo and wall construction.

The 3" stack is new, and this is really the only location it can go due to whats on the first floor.

My main question is the vent for the toilet- I'm seeing some rules are 5' and some rules are 6' max from 3" toilet drain to the vent. I'm at 5 1/2'. Is this OK?

The blue vent lines are midway up the wall and will tie into the stack above the drain connections of course. I'm assuming I'll have to build the wall out of 2x6's in order to cut a horizontal 2"vent line into the studs.

Floor joists are 2x8 so I hope to fit that toilet drain in there with a 90 off the flange. Below the entire bathroom is a first floor ceiling so I have to stay within that 2x8 joist bay.

Any criticisms in what I'm showing?
Bathroom plumbing layout.jpg

Stuff

Reaction score
An ameteur's opinion:
The sink/shower drain wet vents the toilet so you have plenty of length.
Don't need the vent on the shower as sink will wet vent that also.

tealetm

Reaction score
Thanks- I was thinking about eliminating the shower vent too but wasn't sure. Wet venting through this sink along would simplify things under the floor which would help.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks