New 5810XTR2 Need setup & Regen recommendation! Please help!

Users who are viewing this thread

Bruce Kit

Reaction score
upload_2020-3-1_0-43-45.png

Hello All, Please help review settings. If you need more information please let me know. Thank you, everyone, for taking the time to help another noob.

Reach4

Reaction score
Brine draw seems pretty good, presuming you have a #00 Injector - Violet.
If a #0 Injector - Red, you could reduce your brine draw.

I would reduce the salt dose to 8, which would work with your 36000 capacity.
Also, your rapid rinsed could be reduced to maybe 6 minutes.

Bruce Kit

Reaction score
Thank you so much for replying. I assumed mine came with a #00 injector as that is what matches the parts number. I have changed the salt does to 8 and reduced rapid rinse to 6.

I have also attached a photo of my parts that came with my installation. I had a piece of small white plastic that I was unsure of where it went. I have attached it to the end of my brine tube and attached it to the brine tank end. Please see the photo.
upload_2020-3-1_9-50-58.png

Another thing is when I turned my water back on, I forgot to put my bypass valve on the no-flow setting (off) and got air in the tank. Should I be worried or will the air eventually get it by itself?

Attachments

• 20200222_133208.jpg
    20200222_133208.jpg
    77.7 KB · Views: 249

Bannerman

Reaction score
got air in the tank
Suggest closing the home's main shutoff valve and then de-pressurize the plumbing system by opening a nearby faucet. Once pressure is released, close the faucet and manually advance the softener controller to Backwash and then pullout the electrical plug for the softener so the valve will remain in the Backwash cycle. Open the main shutoff valve only slightly so as to slowly push air trapped in the softener out to drain. Once the drain flow becomes consistent and no longer contains air, restore electrical power and advance the controller to Rapid Rinse and fully open the main shutoff valve to allow the remaining regeneration cycle to complete.

Bruce Kit

Reaction score
I just did the regeneration cycle last night, and I am not hearing any airs from my pipe, faucets or show head. Should I go ahead and follow your recommendation Bannerman now or see how it goes for next week before doing it again?

Bannerman

Reaction score
Probably no longer necessary as you had performed an entire regeneration cycle so any air trapped within the resin tank should have been eliminated.

During the backwash phase of regeneration, water will enter at the bottom of the resin tank, flowing upward to lift and expand the spaces between the resin granules, to flow out to drain from the top if the tank. Since air is lighter than water, air trapped in the tank will collect at the top of the tank where it will be eliminated during the following backwash cycle.

Some air will typically be also trapped within new dry resin when first added to the tank. The slower elimination method can prevent some resin loss as the air within the resin may cause some resin granules to be lifted too high in the fast flowing backwash so some granules may flow out to drain with the exiting water. By only opening the main valve partially during the initial backwash, backwash flow will be less rapid to gently eliminate trapped air to reduce the potential for resin loss.

Attached is a link to an info page on startup procedures for a new softener. https://view.publitas.com/impact-water-products/2018-catalog-final/page/36

Last edited:

Bruce Kit

Reaction score
Thank you for everyone's help! The system is running well and I am very excited. Great forum and members are absolutely amazing.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks