Need to move old raditor?

Discussion in 'HVAC Heating & Cooling' started by wrdtlpf, Jul 4, 2008.

  1. wrdtlpf

    wrdtlpf Carpentry/Handyman Service

    Dec 8, 2005
    Carpentry/Handyman Service
    Hi All- I'm a carpenter in the trade for 18 yrs and remodding sister's kitchen. I've got an old radiator that's in the wall cavity. It resembles a slant fin unit but laid horizontally about 6" off the floor with a large(4'X2')metal cover over it. There are two separate iron pipes involved with the unit. I thought that in newer construction a single piece of copper came in and feed the radiator and that same 'line' came out the other end creating a single, continuous loop. What I've got are two iron lines running parallel to one another and one 'line' feeds one end of the radiator and the other ties in to the other side of the radiator. I need to remove this radiator and relocate it; using slant fin as replacement. Can someone explain to me what's going on or if you know of a link showing hot water systems basics that would be appreciated. It's a closed system with a circulator pump. Thanks, Bill-
    Last edited: Jul 4, 2008
  2. hj

    hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

    Aug 31, 2004
    Cave Creek, Arizona

    If I read this correctly, instead of one pipe on one side and another at the opposite end, you have two pipes at one end. Correct? If so the two systems are exactly the same. It does not matter where the pipes are as long as each is connected to a different end of the radiator.
  3. Sponsor

    Sponsor Paid Advertisement

Similar Threads: Need move
Forum Title Date
HVAC Heating & Cooling Need advice on blower motor/fan Sep 30, 2017
HVAC Heating & Cooling Ductwork for woodstove need help Jul 8, 2017
HVAC Heating & Cooling Advice need on Air Return basment May 31, 2017
HVAC Heating & Cooling Heat Issues need help Apr 23, 2017
HVAC Heating & Cooling I absolutely need to use a common wire to install my Nest...which is the common? Dec 7, 2016

Share This Page