Need to identify faucet stem manufacturer

Users who are viewing this thread

Reno Weary

Reaction score
The cold-water right faucet handle on my bath sink has become stiff to turn. Neither the stem mechanism nor the handle or faucet have any i.d. on them. I would like to replace the stem mechanism to repair the problem. Would you try to identify at least the manufacturer? I read that Savoy, Wolverine, and Sanco have 15 spine stems but it seems I could look at photos online forever and not find it.

Length of the part with the splines is 3/4 inch. This part is divided by a shallow crevice around the circumference so the very end section is 3/8 inch and the lower section is a little less than 3/8 in. The diameter of this part is 5/16 in
The length of the entire mechanism which is one piece is 7 in, the widest part of which is 1 3/8 in.

This has a white porcelain-looking handle and has a white cone-shaped 1.5 to 2 inch porcelain decorative piece below the handle. See photo

Can you identify? Or narrow it down? Thank you!

Attachments

• 20180604_094639.jpg
    20180604_094639.jpg
    69.1 KB · Views: 269
  • 20180603_160021.jpg
    20180603_160021.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 224

Asktom

Reaction score
Your picture shows the faucet body with the cartridge (stem) screwed into it. Remove the cartridge and post a picture of it next to a ruler. Does the broach have 15 splines? 16 is more common.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks