NEED HELP with sink to hose connections PLEASE!!

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice' started by Daniel Bigdan Frazier, Feb 22, 2014.

  1. Daniel Bigdan Frazier

    Daniel Bigdan Frazier New Member

    Feb 22, 2014
    south carolina
    I am making a camping sink that will run off a garden hose. This sink faucet (Amico Bathroom Single Hole High Heel Chrome Finish Basin Faucet) is what i have purchased for this project. Its dimensions are Overall Size: 17 x 12.8 x 4cm/ 5.5" x 3.5" x 1.2" (L*W*T) , Water Outlet Dia(Approx): 15mm/ 39/64" and Thread End Size(Approx): 20 x 17mm/ 4/5" x 43/64"(OD*ID). My question is what size connector piece should i buy to connect this to a common garden hose pipe? Or any other solutions/ suggestions to make this project work. Also what does (OD*ID) mean? Thank you.

    Email me @

    Link to were i purchased faucet
    [h=1]Amico Bathroom Single Hole High Heel Chrome Finish Basin Faucet[/h]
    camp sink connection.jpg
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 22, 2014
  2. wjcandee

    wjcandee Wise One

    Apr 27, 2012
    New York, NY
    OD means outside diameter, ID is inside diameter. (In a pipe, the inside diameter measures the space through which the water flows; the outside diameter is that distance plus the thickness of the material that makes up the pipe. That's why 1/2" OD Pex has a smaller internal opening than 1/2" OD copper; the Pex is thicker than the copper.)
  3. Sponsor

    Sponsor Paid Advertisement

  4. Terry

    Terry Administrator Staff Member

    Aug 17, 2004
    Bothell, Washington
    This was an interesting review I found.
  5. Paulypfunk

    Paulypfunk In the Trades

    Feb 26, 2010
    Any hardware store should have male and female 3/4" hose bib thread adapters. The question is what size is the threads on that faucet base. The size you list seems odd, but this seems to be a cheap import brand and their technical data translations could be better. I was amused when I went to their website and saw that "Amico is an excellent annotation of friend."

    Well spoken Amico. Well spoken.

    I'm guessing that thing is 1/2 iron pipe size thread. Can you take the faucet to the hardware store and try screwing on a few flexible supply connectors? If you can figure that end out it shouldn't be too hard to find a connector that will adapt to hose thread. For instance a 1/2" IPS x 1/2" IPS flexible braided connector and a brass adapter 1/2 male IPS x Female hose bib thread.
  6. hj

    hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

    Aug 31, 2004
    Cave Creek, Arizona
    The faucet inlet is metric and the only way you will connect to it is by obtaining a metric 20 mm to 1/2" IPS adapter, then adapting that to a hose thread.
Similar Threads: NEED HELP
Forum Title Date
Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice Need Help with Main Supply Repipe and Greenhouse Supply Sep 7, 2017
Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice Need Help local well guy stumped Aug 11, 2017
Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice Need help with bottle drain installation Jul 26, 2017
Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice Help needed with Kitchen Plumbing/ Vents Jul 7, 2017
Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice Need help with Galmaster Tub diverter assembly Jul 7, 2017

Share This Page