Need Help With Installing Insinkerator Evolution Garbage Disposal

Users who are viewing this thread

Cai24

Reaction score
I am trying to install an Insinkerator Evolution Garbage Disposal, and I am having a few issues. I have a farmhouse sink, and I had to order an extended flange to make it work. I used the 1 1/2" screws provided, but I realized later that the instructions say to use 1 1/8" screws for sinks larger than 3/8". I believe this applies to mine, but I don't understand the reasoning. Should I swap them out, or are they okay as is? I don't know if the extended flange impacts this at all.

I am also having trouble aligning the trap to the elbow coming out of the garbage disposal. I need the trap to come over about 1.5" to make the connection. I'm not sure how to fix this, as it seems like the angle is off. I know that I will need a tail piece extension once everything is properly aligned. I appreciate any advice/suggestions!

IMG-6234.jpg

IMG-6239.jpg

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
You might find a trap that has a bit more reach to it...they are not all the same. The fewer fittings you use, the less likely for a leak or clogs. You might be able to rotate the disposer a little to help with your angles and projection. Same with the trap...it can be turned at any angle and still work fine.

From the trap arm, ensure your pipe slopes down at least 1/4" per foot.

Depending on the shape of the drain and the bottom of the sink, a longer screw might make it harder to tighten things up. Can't tell without being there.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks