Flexible Discharge Tube (FDT-00) For Evolution Excel Garbage Disposal

Users who are viewing this thread

JIMMIEM

Reaction score
I have to replace my current Insinkerator Garbage Disposal. Because of the position of the drain pipe I need to use a flexible discharge tube on the garbage disposal. Insinkerator sells the flexible discharge tube (FDT-00) but states that it is not compatible with the model (Evolution Excel) that I purchased. I tested the flexible tube and its fit is identical to the solid discharge tube. I called Insinkerator and the customer service reps just say that FDT-00 is not compatible and don't provide any explanation.
Can anybody provide some info on this?
Than You.

Note: The Insinkerator Disposal currently installed was a replacement for the original GE disposal that was installed when the house was built. The house drain line was plumbed to align with the GE and I had to use a flexible discharge tube (FDT-00) when I switched to the Insinkerator.

Fitter30

Reaction score
Probably isn't compatible with the anti vibration connection. The other models don't use a anti vibration connection it's just a round flat gasket with a flange. Can u discharge out the back or opposite side and pipe around the back?

JIMMIEM

Reaction score
Probably isn't compatible with the anti vibration connection. The other models don't use a anti vibration connection it's just a round flat gasket with a flange. Can u discharge out the back or opposite side and pipe around the back?
Thank You for responding.
I'm not clear on your questions regarding discharging out the back or opposite side.
If the anti-vibration connection is a potential problem another 'option' I was considering was removing the anti vibration connection and using a one-bolt hold-down ring with the FDT-00. The anti vibration connection is held on with a one-bolt hold-down ring. The FDT-00 comes with a two-bolt hold-down ring. I could cut the two-bolt hold-down ring to the same shape as the one-bolt hold-down ring.

Tuttles Revenge

In the Trades
Reaction score
HAH.. I had to deal with just about the same thing from ISE support.. They sent me to a third party reseller to buy parts... So lets look there and see since they're so stingy with info.

InSinkErator 75499​

This flex coupler is for use with the Evolution Series garbage disposers. This mounts at the discharge of the disposer and is held to the disposer by a single screw part # 74129. The flex coupler is then connected to the tailpipe with the spring clamp part # 74701. The 90 degree tailpipe is sold in a kit, which is part # 2610WJ or the 12″ straight tailpipe is available as part # 74012.

That is the same part number as they gave me for the EvoCompact.

JIMMIEM

Reaction score
HAH.. I had to deal with just about the same thing from ISE support.. They sent me to a third party reseller to buy parts... So lets look there and see since they're so stingy with info.

InSinkErator 75499​

This flex coupler is for use with the Evolution Series garbage disposers. This mounts at the discharge of the disposer and is held to the disposer by a single screw part # 74129. The flex coupler is then connected to the tailpipe with the spring clamp part # 74701. The 90 degree tailpipe is sold in a kit, which is part # 2610WJ or the 12″ straight tailpipe is available as part # 74012.

That is the same part number as they gave me for the EvoCompact.
All the parts you mention were included with the garbage disposer I bought. The solid curved discharge tube will not align with the vertical drain pipe that is attached to the waste trap. I would therefore like to use the FDT-00 flexible discharge tube. BUT, the FDT-00 packaging and the ISE web site say that this flexible discharge is not compatible with the Evolution disposers. The FDT-00 does fit into the Tailpipe Mount (75499) so I'm wondering why ISE is saying not to use it. I do have an old metal mouting plate which is the same size as the one the comes on the 75499. The plate fits on the FDT-00 so I'm wondering if I can use it to attach the FDT-00 instead of using 75499.
Your thoughts?
Thank You

JIMMIEM

Reaction score
The non-flexible discharge tube and the flexible discharge both have a raised lip. Both fit into the anti-vibration connection. Just wondering why manufacturer says using the flexible discharge tube is a no-no. The waste lines and trap are glued in place and can't be moved......would have to redo to work with the Insinkerator non-flexible discharge tube. The waste line and trap positioning were originally installed to work with a GE disposal which had different dimensions i.e distance from centerline of disposal to centerline of discharge tube/waste pipe.
Also, the flexible discharge tube (FDT-00) comes with a gasket that fits over the raised lip and I have a flange that is the same size as the flange that is on the anti-vibration gasket. It fits on the disposal. Maybe use it? Will things be ok if the anti-vibration connection isn't used?

JIMMIEM

Reaction score
Cut out the existing glued trap and rebuild with easy plastic tubular trap.
Easy for you. Not so easy for me. Where to cut?

Attachments

• Kitchen Plumbing.jpg
    Kitchen Plumbing.jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 94

Tuttles Revenge

In the Trades
Reaction score
I can see why you might not want to cut out the works. To me the best way to rework it looks to be to cut the WYE and start with a new wye with the cleanout pointed up on the branch then bush/reduce the run of the WYE and install the trap adapter on the horizontal. Then use a slip joint p-trap that you can swing to match up with the downtube of the disposer.

Or perhaps just a couple 22° elbows to create a minor offset in the vertical of the trap.

JIMMIEM

Reaction score
I can see why you might not want to cut out the works. To me the best way to rework it looks to be to cut the WYE and start with a new wye with the cleanout pointed up on the branch then bush/reduce the run of the WYE and install the trap adapter on the horizontal. Then use a slip joint p-trap that you can swing to match up with the downtube of the disposer.

Or perhaps just a couple 22° elbows to create a minor offset in the vertical of the trap.
The FDT-00 does fit into the Tailpipe Mount (75499) so I'm wondering why ISE is saying not to use it. I do have an old metal mouting flange which is the same size as the one the comes on the 75499. The flange fits on the FDT-00 so I'm wondering if I can use it to attach the FDT-00 instead of using 75499.
After checking several ads/reviews for the ISE Evolution Excel I'm wondering if ISE is saying not compatible because my 2 'solutions' might adversely affect the quietness which is part of the selling point.
I've done DIY plumbing (toilet repair, faucet installs/repair) but haven't done any pvc work. Not a lot of room between the wall and wye and I'd be in a mess if I screwed up.....no kitchen sink and have to find a plumber.
I'll give one of my 2 'solutions' a try. Flip a coin.....FDT-00 with the supplied anti-vibration connection or direct connect FDT-00 with the mounting flange.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks