need help with dvw routing

Users who are viewing this thread

prols1

Reaction score
I would run the lav and vent as 2", you should have vents thru roof from your upstairs plumbing. Vent through roof size will be per your local code. Florida VTR can be 2", 3" isn't required anymore here.

i see now it wouldve been easier if i did run the lav in 2", but its too late for that now unless its impossible to connect all as is now. the 2nd floor fixtures are vented with 1 1/2" & 2" vents that connect back up into my main 3" vent, then that continues up through the roof now.

do you see any problems with my last idea?

Last edited:

Pipedoc

Plumber Extraordinaire
Reaction score
It seems to me like this might be easier to explain with an isometric drawing. Here is what I come up with. I don't know the codes in your area but this is fine for Illinois. Drains in black and vents in blue.

I apologize for my computer drawing skills.

Without seeing the jobsite or detailed pictures it is impossible to tell you exactly how to run the dwv. The isometric drawing will cover one of many possible ways to pipe this. You will have to adapt to your jobsite obstacles/specifications/local codes, etc. It appears from your drawing that you may not be able to run the vent bar as per this drawing, so possible options would include a soffit in the ceiling or taking the vents up to the ceiling seperately, etc. You get the idea.

Hope this helps.

Iso.jpg

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks