Need help replacing tank gas water heater with tankless

Users who are viewing this thread

WILLY TINKLER

Reaction score
I have an old gas tank heater in a small closet which is about 3'x3'x8'high and used only for a heater. It is vented straight up through the center of the ceiling out to the roof. I need to know is there tankless water heaters I can buy which can use the hole already there going through the ceiling center and through the roof. I would like to spend up to $350 on a natural gas tankless because it is a very small hot water usage house. Could you please post some models that would work for my needs and some photos of the flue duct I will need and how it would connect from the heater through the ceiling? I want to use the closet the old heater is in now and it is in the center of the house so I cant exhaust it through an exterior wall to the outside.

Dana

In the trades
Reaction score
Buy a cheap standard electric tank, and seal up the flue holes. There are no gas-fired tankless solutions that would make sense for a low volume user, electric tankless solutions aren't worth it (as outlined on your other thread) and the standby losses of a gas-fired tank are very high compared to an electric tank.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks