Need help replacing tank gas water heater with tankless

Discussion in 'Tankless Water Heater Forum' started by WILLY TINKLER, Oct 15, 2018.


    WILLY TINKLER New Member

    Oct 15, 2018
    I have an old gas tank heater in a small closet which is about 3'x3'x8'high and used only for a heater. It is vented straight up through the center of the ceiling out to the roof. I need to know is there tankless water heaters I can buy which can use the hole already there going through the ceiling center and through the roof. I would like to spend up to $350 on a natural gas tankless because it is a very small hot water usage house. Could you please post some models that would work for my needs and some photos of the flue duct I will need and how it would connect from the heater through the ceiling? I want to use the closet the old heater is in now and it is in the center of the house so I cant exhaust it through an exterior wall to the outside.
  2. Dana

    Dana In the trades

    Jan 14, 2009
    Buy a cheap standard electric tank, and seal up the flue holes. There are no gas-fired tankless solutions that would make sense for a low volume user, electric tankless solutions aren't worth it (as outlined on your other thread) and the standby losses of a gas-fired tank are very high compared to an electric tank.
  3. Sponsor

    Sponsor Paid Advertisement

Similar Threads: Need help
Forum Title Date
Tankless Water Heater Forum Need help with a tankless heater definition Dec 8, 2020
Tankless Water Heater Forum Need help disabling the temperature lock on a Navien NPE 240A Jan 4, 2018
Tankless Water Heater Forum Need Help choosing tankless. Clueless Nov 11, 2014
Tankless Water Heater Forum Need help with radiant heat set up Nov 9, 2014
Tankless Water Heater Forum Need help deciding tank or tankless . . . Nov 7, 2012

Share This Page