Need help- IKEA Rinnen, second installation issues

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice' started by Pluto, Oct 24, 2020.

1. Pluto

Pluto New Member

Hi everyone,

I am installing another IKEA Hemnes vanity with sink and am running into an issue. The first install was tough, but my wife and I managed to finish it without any leaks.

This time, I got the RINNEN plumbing connections connected, but am finding a leak coming from behind the larger portion of the reducer?

Please see the photos below. The one of with the red arrow is where the leak is. Does it just need to be tightened more? The other photo is what the sleeve went over.

I appreciate any and all insights.

Attached Files:

2. Tuttles Revenge

Tuttles Revenge In the Trades

It appears from the photos that you connected a rubber clamp intended to go over a round pipe over a hexaganol nut instead. You should be connecting to the round pipe. You should be able to verify the diameter of the pipe and the material its constructed from and buy the proper connector for that. Likely a sheilded coupling.

Pluto likes this.
  3. Sponsor

Sponsor Paid Advertisement

Pluto likes this.
  4. Pluto

Pluto New Member

That solved it! Thank you!

Tuttles Revenge likes this.