Need Help Identifying Tub Spout

Users who are viewing this thread

stuzor

Reaction score
I checked through a lot of old threads but wasn't able to find someone with a similar configuration as me. My old tub spout was broken and I figured replacing it would be easy.. boy was I wrong haha. I didn't realize at the time there was a lot of different options and didn't see what the old spout was before I tossed it.

I have tried a couple different universal options from home depot but they didn't work. House was built in the 80's and not sure if the spout was original or not.

My configuration is as follows:

1 inch diameter copper pipe sticking out of the wall about 1/2 inch with threads outside. Inside the pipe there is some threading about 1 1/8th inch deep and the diameter appears less than an inch maybe 3/4. Below is a picture of it. Does anyone have any idea what kind of spout would go on this pipe?

Pics of pipe: https://imgur.com/a/kQ9El

Thanks in advance for any help!

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
That is a 'proprietary" part of a spout and the only thing that would fit it would be to use part of another spout just like the one you had. Or it is a stub for a fiberglass wall, and the actual spout nipple screws in to it.

Last edited:

Reach4

Reaction score
Stuzor pictures inline.
img_6.jpg

stuzor

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply HJ. So the wall it is sticking out of in the picture is a fiberglass wrap around tub. Unless I can find the proprietary adapter it sounds like removing the tub and then putting in a new tub wrap around is going to be the way to go.

I'm going to try checking my other bathroom, I think it has the same hardware and see if maybe I can find the brand and exactly what the adapter looks like before I go that route though. Just hope I don't break that one in the process.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks