Natural gas question

Users who are viewing this thread

Den60

Reaction score
I just bought a kit to convert my Honda EU2000i generator to propane and natural gas. It is a sweet setup from Hutch Mountain that I recommend to anyone with this generator. I would like to put a "T" on my gas supply to the water heater to allow me to use one line for my generator when the power goes out. I would be putting in a separate ball valve and a quick disconnect for the line for the generator (which I will use a 25' hose to be able to place the generator outside. Do building codes allow for something like this (I'm in San Diego County). Obviously the concern I would see is that someone could open the ball valve but I would have the quick disconnect as a secondary shut off. The generator would only be hooked up to the natural gas line when the power goes out.

Thank you in advance.

Dj2

In the Trades
Reaction score
In LA city any addition to the gas line has to be inspected and signed off. I'm sure it would be the same in SD county.

Adding a T is fine. Adding a pipe is fine. Must be done to code.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks