Name That Fitting - 6-Way ABS

Users who are viewing this thread

codude

Reaction score
Hi all.

I have a unique 6-way fitting on my main soil stack that serves the second floor of my house. Unfortunately, I need to replace this fitting (or come up with an alternate setup to serve the same fixtures.)

I cannot locate a fitting like this on the internet. Perhaps it's not even permitted by code any more. Hopefully you all can help. Basically it has 4x 3" hubs (top, bottom, and 2 of the 4 sides) and 2x 2" hubs (2 of the 4 sides.) There is also a 1.5" lav drain which dumps into the stack a couple of inches above this fitting, FWIW.

I've attached a pic of the closest image I can find on the web, but the fitting in my house is standard black ABS (and obviously the sizes are different.)
Any ideas on where to find one of these, if it exists?

Attachments

• 6 way stack fitting.png
    6 way stack fitting.png
    147.5 KB · Views: 254

Highlander

Reaction score
This looks close, not sure if it's code or not. They call it a double sanitary tee with two 90 inlets Note the 3" side inlets face each other compared to 90 degrees apart on your photo... note there's discussion on this forum and in installation guides for some brands about double San-tees causing splash-across, and recommending using a double Y-1/8, so might not be the best solution.

http://www.nibco.com/Fittings/Plast...-Sanitary-Tee-with-Two-90-Inlets-Hub-ABS-DWV/

codude

Reaction score
Thanks Highlander. I do need the two 3" inlets to be at 90 degrees due to the locations of the toilets. Otherwise, I would need to basically make one of the toilet waste lines a big U shape, which seems...unwise?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks