My Toto Drake, Flush Handle & Flapper Issue

Discussion in 'Toilet Forum discussions' started by Milanomike, Jan 14, 2017.

1. Milanomike

Milanomike Member

OK, my 12 year old Toto would not flush properly. I realized the flush handle was hanging up, internet said, yeah, they wear out. Got new one (THU068) and thought to myself, get flapper, it is 12 years old, be done with this toilet for a while.

So, picked up an identical to original Korky 3" (p/n 3060). Installed new handle, no sweat. Installed new flapper, no sweat (yes, I adjusted the little ring to position #6 as indicated on package and verified old flapper had same setting). Also set chain with a tick of slack to make sure flapper seated, checked mating surface in tank, looked clean, nothing there that would be an issue.

Great, except new flapper leaks like a sieve, tank will drain in like 10 mins or less. Took it out, compared to old, looks identical, put back in, leaks like sieve, tried to make sure it was centered and not hanging up, leaks like sieve. Put old flapper back in, my toilet life is good.

Are these things ever defective out of the package or am I missing something with this flapper?

As always, thanks for any input.

Mike

2. Terry

Terry Administrator Staff Member

Plumber
    I've been using the Fluidmaster 3" flapper lately.

3. Sponsor

Sponsor Paid Advertisement