Moving Toilet

Users who are viewing this thread

tomyco

Reaction score
I am looking into remodeling our master bathroom. I would like to move the toilet to the other side of the room but I was told moving a toilet is very expensive.

Can someone give me an idea of how much this would cost to move a toilet to the other side of the room. Are we talking a few hundred dollars, $500, $1000, more?

What makes it so expensive. Thanks!

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
The drain lines are big, you'll have to either tear the floor off or the ceiling, it needs to be sloped back to the main drain line, so depending on where it is and how the joists run, you may have to box out a section since you can't cut that big of a hole in all of your joists.

If you are lucky, the drain line runs from where you want to put it, so it won't be a big deal other than tearing up things to be able to get to it.

It could be anywhere from a couple of hours to much longer, not counting putting the floor back down, or fixing the ceiling, or building a chase to hide the pipe if it needs to be run below the joists. Then, you've got to move the water supply...could be nearly as much fun.

I had mine moved during a remodel along with moving the tub and sink. SPent about $1200 on just the rough-in, and I had the floor torn up and all of the old stuff removed so they had as clean a slate as possible. This included having most of the drywall off the walls and the subflooring torn up. If I had to pay them to do that, and replace it, it would have been probably tripple that.

Plus, you have to run a vent line from the new toilet location either around the room or up into the ceiling or attic to rejoin the rest of the vent system.

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks