Moving a toilet, Is this Legit?

Users who are viewing this thread

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
No. UPC restricts wet vents to one bathroom. You can't use a drain carrying a WC as a wet vent for a second WC.

Cheers, Wayne
Hey Wayne I looked at city of omaha Ne and thier site claims w/c need only 1 1/2 vent from 2018 of cource this was a city site and no idea what other codes are in Ne or if its still current it said updated 4/4 2023.

Tuttles Revenge

In the Trades
Reaction score
Yep.. UPcodes got me. I was reading their prior adopted 2012 IRC. The since have adopted 2018 UPC without amendments and IRC with exclusions likely plumbing.

The new toilet is required to be vented with 2" and AAV are not permitted.

Depending on how difficult it would be to connect the toilet to 2" or upsizing the laundry vent, you might be able to get your inspector or Authority Having Jurisdiction to allow a variance to the code.. being as the old adopted code would have allowed that installation.

Or if you live in the city of Omaha as jeff points out.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks