Morton Water Softners any good?

Users who are viewing this thread

jafriede

Reaction score
My Mother has had a year long nightmare with a NOVO 485HE-100 water softener that was installed by a local plumber. From the very beginning it would regenerate as needed without regards to the time of day even though it was set not to. The worst part though is that when regenerating while water is in use, it dumps brine into the plumbing causing blue water from copper corrosion and salty buildup on the water faucets. The plumber refuses to acknowledge anything is wrong and now with Covid you can't get anyone to come out.

She has a very limited space for a water softener so a separate tank and resin bed are out of the question. Morton has a fairly low profile 34,000 grain model (M340012) available at the local big box store. I have installed a couple Kenmore's and Whirlpool's but have no experience with the Morton brand. I have found very few reviews on the internet and the ones I did find aren't very high quality reviews, such as "it doesn't take iron out of my well water"..... Does anyone have any experience as to the quality of these? They claim to be designed and made in the USA

Water Pro

In the Trades
Reaction score
My Mother has had a year long nightmare with a NOVO 485HE-100 water softener that was installed by a local plumber. From the very beginning it would regenerate as needed without regards to the time of day even though it was set not to. The worst part though is that when regenerating while water is in use, it dumps brine into the plumbing causing blue water from copper corrosion and salty buildup on the water faucets. The plumber refuses to acknowledge anything is wrong and now with Covid you can't get anyone to come out.

She has a very limited space for a water softener so a separate tank and resin bed are out of the question. Morton has a fairly low profile 34,000 grain model (M340012) available at the local big box store. I have installed a couple Kenmore's and Whirlpool's but have no experience with the Morton brand. I have found very few reviews on the internet and the ones I did find aren't very high quality reviews, such as "it doesn't take iron out of my well water"..... Does anyone have any experience as to the quality of these? They claim to be designed and made in the USA
no experience but if they are made in the US, they are likely better quality than kenmore or whirlpool since those are made in china

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks