Morton M30 softener (Sams Club)

Users who are viewing this thread

Ibby

Reaction score
36260FFF-DEA4-4901-B69A-7477DDD9087B.jpeg
5C7F9073-3815-4711-A1E2-C22D4561A927.jpeg
Ibought a Morton M30 softener and it was installed it about a month ago. I know it was working fine in the beginning but lately it seems that water isn’t soft.I believe it confirms it when using the control board it says it has only regenerated 3 times. (and we have a 5 person household). When (using control board) I go to the water meter to see if water is going through system, the panel (according to manual) is supposed to look like this ( 000- - ) or ( 000-P ) the “P” stands for position, if the P is there then the position of the switch is closed, if the dash is there then switch is open. What switch they’re referring to I’m embarrassed to say I’m not sure. Of course when I go there the panel reads (000H- ). The zeros are supposed to count gallons when you run soft water through the system.
( 001- -) (002- -) etc. when I currently run water from a faucet the meter never increases. I believe that whatever the “H” stands for is the reason I’m not getting soft water. Of course the softener manufacturer Morton tells me nothing in the manual or on the website about any code beyond the “P”. Is it too much to ask of them after I buy their product for them to give me all available codes? Of course I would phone them if it wasn’t a weekend. I guess they figured the water can wait until a weekday.
Does anyone have an idea what the “H” means? Or what I should try to do to get this working? Thanks for your help.

Bannerman

Reaction score
when I currently run water from a faucet the meter never increases. I
Have you removed the integral bypass assembly to ensure the turbine is spinning freely? Also ensure the supply connections are not reversed. The turbine is to be on the output (supply to home fixtures) side, not the side where water flows into the softener.

As there appears to be two bypasses in place (a possible 3 valve bypass within the copper plumbing located behind the softener), ensure all bypass valves are closed so all water flow is routed through the softener and no flow is permitted to bypass.

Perhaps resetting the controller to factory defaults and then reprogramming will result in more reliable operation.

bb234

Reaction score
View attachment 59917 View attachment 59918 Ibought a Morton M30 softener and it was installed it about a month ago. I know it was working fine in the beginning but lately it seems that water isn’t soft.I believe it confirms it when using the control board it says it has only regenerated 3 times. (and we have a 5 person household). When (using control board) I go to the water meter to see if water is going through system, the panel (according to manual) is supposed to look like this ( 000- - ) or ( 000-P ) the “P” stands for position, if the P is there then the position of the switch is closed, if the dash is there then switch is open. What switch they’re referring to I’m embarrassed to say I’m not sure. Of course when I go there the panel reads (000H- ). The zeros are supposed to count gallons when you run soft water through the system.
( 001- -) (002- -) etc. when I currently run water from a faucet the meter never increases. I believe that whatever the “H” stands for is the reason I’m not getting soft water. Of course the softener manufacturer Morton tells me nothing in the manual or on the website about any code beyond the “P”. Is it too much to ask of them after I buy their product for them to give me all available codes? Of course I would phone them if it wasn’t a weekend. I guess they figured the water can wait until a weekday.
Does anyone have an idea what the “H” means? Or what I should try to do to get this working? Thanks for your help.
Was this issue ever got resolved? I bought same softener and got same error 000H- ...is there any advice you could please provide?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks