Morrison air control valve

Users who are viewing this thread

rr775

Reaction score
I have an early 1970's era Morrison well system with an underground pressure tank. Every few years the air volume control valve stops working which water logs the tank and causes the pump to cycle constantly. I've replaced them myself many times but the only place I can find them is from the local pump service company. Its a plastic tube shaped valve, about 1 1/4" in diameter, 11" long and has a male pipe thread on one end. Inside the tube there is a valve/float mechanism that slides back and forth. The place I'm buying them from gets about $45 each for them. There's no packaging and no numbers anywhere on them. I'd like to find a different, cheaper source for them and maybe keep a spare or two on hand but I've spent hours searching online with no luck whatsoever. Does anyone know the valve I'm talking about? Maybe a part number or a source for them?

Last edited:

rr775

Reaction score
I looked there but no luck. Here's a few pictures of it if that helps to identify it.

G0qPqCj.jpg

9d5Smyt.jpg

smkG9Ys.jpg

The pressure tank is located underground next to the well head. There's a pipe about five or six feet long that goes straight down into the tank and this valve screws into the end of it. The top end has a cap with a small vent hole and a T fitting with the pressure switch that controls the well.

CAD

Reaction score
Just replaced mine on a whitewater pitless adapter tank. It looks exactly like the one pictured.

The part number is GUV1100. I got mine from a parts supply house called First Supply here. They were $26 a piece.

Not sure why yours are going bad so often. Are you rebalancing the tank once you install them? The procedure is you turn on the pump, and once air stops bleeding out of the small weep hole, you turn off the pump. Then you fill the tank with air to the maximum pump setting (ie 60 psi if you have a 40/60 pressure switch)

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks