Moen Monticello hub problems

Users who are viewing this thread

Trevor Thomas

Reaction score
HELP! I have a model T951cp 2 handle for my whirlpool tub. Typical problem with the plastic handle adapter broken. Cold side hub screws off just like its designed to and there's is a plastic piece with threads showing. Hot side screws off almost all the way and gets tight, however the plastic piece seems to be coming up with the handle and gets tight. I don't want to force it and break something because I will have to remove tile to gain access under the faucet.
Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

moen-t951cp.jpg

moen-monticello-parts-01.jpg

moen-monticello-parts-02.jpg

https://terrylove.com/pdf/t951pt-parts.pdf

Tuttles Revenge

In the Trades
Reaction score
when you unthread the handle, is there any portion of the adapter you could grab with pliers to try to hold it in place while you unthread the handle? Its been a long time since I've worked on that kit.. don't recall how they operate exactly at this point.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks