Moen Monticello, Can't remove handles

Users who are viewing this thread

DCpete816

Reaction score
I have very little flow coming out of my tub faucet and attached shower head (not shown). I made an attempt trying to remove the handles because I have had this apart maybe 20 years ago. I seem to remember this was a Moen faucet and there were Moen cartridges, which I presume are clogged. Can someone confirm this is probably a Moen faucet? Maybe I'm remembering wrong? Also, what is the trick for removing the handles? There is no allen screw on these. I can't see any screws to be removed. The other side is a wall, so there is definitely a trick to removing from the front. Taking the handle off doesn't reveal any trick to removing either.

Thanks, Chris

Tub faucets.jpg

Marlinman

In the Trades
Reaction score
I would remove the porcelain levers to keep in a safe place. They do crack quite easily. If one gets broken you have more than doubled your material costs.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks