Moen balancing spool removal problem

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice' started by sharkey21, Jun 9, 2013.

1. sharkey21

sharkey21 New Member

I'm attempting to replace the balancing spool in my Moentrol. Luckily, the threads weren't seized up, and it was fairly easy to back out the screw. However, I got to the point where the screw is just spinning (the threads don't seem to be engaged), but the spool won't come out. I haven't used a lot of force to pull on it yet, for fear of damaging something. Is there something else I need to do to get the spool out? Or is it time to get medieval on it?

Thanks!

Steve

2. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

Plumber
    spool

Yank on it. It will probably come apart and leave the spool inside the valve, and then you have to get creative to remove it without damaging the valve casting.

3. Sponsor

Sponsor Paid Advertisement