Mixet 5AT Shower Cartridge and assembly

Users who are viewing this thread

Dragos2017

Reaction score
Hi folks,

The whole thing just kind of .. died. It's an old system. Maybe from 86

So we removed the cartridge and assembly as one piece, by unscrewing it counter clockwise.

I took it to home depot and they said they have absolutely nothing for me. That I would have to cut into the wall and replace the valve with something more modern.

Isn't there anything I can buy- that will screw right into this pipe?

mixet-shower-02.jpg

mixet-trim-parts-02.jpg

GoingQuiet

In the Trades
Reaction score
I’ve never seen anything like it, and I’ve seen a lot of shower valves. Are you certain that there’s no identification on the chrome trim escutcheon?

There is an independent True Value Hardware locally that has the single largest organized collection of faucet cartridges that I’ve ever seen anywhere. Been surprised at the match ups that I’ve found there many times. This hardware store buys out old stock from other independent hardware stores that are closing. A symptom of the times caused by the market flood of “big box stores”.

But at the end of the day, when you personally ran around to a couple places and can’t find anything even close, your time is probably worth enough to start fresh with a good reputable brand install.

Dragos2017

Reaction score
I’ve never seen anything like it, and I’ve seen a lot of shower valves. Are you certain that there’s no identification on the chrome trim escutcheon?

There is an independent True Value Hardware locally that has the single largest organized collection of faucet cartridges that I’ve ever seen anywhere. Been surprised at the match ups that I’ve found there many times. This hardware store buys out old stock from other independent hardware stores that are closing. A symptom of the times caused by the market flood of “big box stores”.

But at the end of the day, when you personally ran around to a couple places and can’t find anything even close, your time is probably worth enough to start fresh with a good reputable brand install.

Hey!

It says "SA" on the bottom of the escutcheon..

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks