Maxwell Tank Size Difference Between 2 Models, Does it Matter?

Users who are viewing this thread

Cracked

Reaction score
Anyone real familiar with Floor Mount, Rear Outlet Maxwells, this one is for you.

See attachments: 2 models have the same bowl, 21975. The dimensions discrepancies between them is a bit annoying, but they are not my specific question. Also, the gpf difference is moot, here.

I'm wondering about the ⅝" difference between the tank depths in relation to the ¾" gap they each have at the wall. It has me wondering because I'm replacing a 34 y/o Gerber that has a ¾" gap at drain level now. If I can figure out how to eliminate that gap, the current toilet would only have ~ ½" wall gap at the tank cover instead of the 1⅛" actually there. I'm hoping I don't need to order the smaller tank because of the drain level gap getting eliminated.

1. Is there actually a wall gap between the larger tank # 28-980 with the base of the toilet at the wall?

2. If there is a gap, how much exactly?
The wall here is true in all directions behind the toilet and a ¾" gap is fine. If there is not a gap, then I need to change my order for the smaller MX28-995 tank.

Everything about the dimensions on the MX model seem in error, because it's tank depth is typical for a 10" rough-in bolt distance and not the 12" it actually is. Unless the wrong bowl model is given.

Maxwell Tank 28980: 21975.png
Maxwell Tank MX28995: 21975.png

Attachments

• Maxwell Tank 28980: 21975.png
    Maxwell Tank 28980: 21975.png
    76.7 KB · Views: 298
  • Maxwell Tank MX28995: 21975.png
    Maxwell Tank MX28995: 21975.png
    44.8 KB · Views: 309

Cracked

Reaction score
This is no longer an issue for me as removing the thinset revealed my toilet's reason for having a gap at the base is due to the water supply line cover is in the way.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks