What is the difference between Toto’s Tornado vs G-Max Flushing Systems?

Users who are viewing this thread

dukesmom

Reaction score
C9626C5E-6C44-40F0-B2BF-A5BB1C1D0B3B.png

So I’ve been researching for HOURS about toilets. Finally narrowed it down to 3 different models of the Drake line.

I narrowed it down because my preferences are standard height (I’m short), 1.6 GPF, and elongated bowl. I didn’t want to risk the material of American Standard. I like that the flush valve for Drake is still decently at 3 inches and 2.125 in for the trapway. I know nothing about plumbing but I have read this is more than average for powerful flushes.

Between the CST776CSG#01 and the MS776124CSG#01 I can see that they are the same besides the fact that MS776124CSG includes the lid. If I don’t ever intend on getting the Washlet, do I get the MS776124CSG model with the lid or get the CST776CSG model without the lid and get the soft close lid separately? This isn’t really a hard pick obviously, just wondering between the 2 if I never get a washlet.

Both of those models are the newer Tornado Flush System. But which is superior? The Tornado Flush System or the G-Max? This is where the third model comes in, CST744SG. Is the G-Max superior in flushes or are they equal? Do both Tornado and G-Max have the 3 inch valves with 2.125 inch trapways? Do they both have the larger siphon or is that just the G-Max? Does the Tornado clean the toilet significantly better than the G-Max?

Thanks in advance! Hoping Terry and anyone else with knowledge can explain to me which flushing system is superior!

dukesmom

Reaction score
After searching some more, I stumbled upon a post where someone said the 744 is hard to find and upon searching can confirm this to be true. It’s discontinued. Even on the official toro site where it still lists the product, it doesn’t load when you click on “where to buy” unlike the other products. I feel stupid. Looks like I’m getting the tornado flush with my refined search, it also has great reviews on here. I guess disregard that question about the 744 model. Does it matter if I buy the lid separate or not? Never intending on getting the washlet lol. Thanks in advance

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks