Male adapter for water booster pump

Users who are viewing this thread

Marks84

Reaction score
I have an amtrol rp-15 that is 17 years old and the the tank with it got water logged. The pump sits on top of the tank and feeds the water directly in the top. The new tank I got is plumbed on the bottom so I just offset the pump so I could could pipe straight down to the bottom of the tank. My question is when I tried to screw in the male adapter it would only go in one thread. The threads on the pump looks pretty fine. Is there a male adapter with fine threads because i can't find one anywhere?

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
NPT threads are standard in the US. If you got a tank with Euro threads they are completely different. If the tank is suppose to have NPT threads, then either the treads in the tank or the male adapter is bad. BTW, the bladder in your tank failed from the pump cycling on and off too much. Using a Cycle Stop Valve to stop the pump from cycling will make the tank, pump, pressure switch, check valve, etc, last longer. Plus you will really like the strong constant pressure in the house compared to the 40 to 60 swings you get when the pump is cycling on and off.

Reach4

Reaction score
My question is when I tried to screw in the male adapter it would only go in one thread. The threads on the pump looks pretty fine. Is there a male adapter with fine threads because i can't find one anywhere?
Your problem is not connecting to the pressure tank, but is connecting to the pump, right?

What is your pump?

Marks84

Reaction score
Using a Cycle Stop Valve to stop the pump from cycling will make the tank, pump, pressure switch, check valve, etc, last longer. Plus you will really like the strong constant pressure in the house compared to the 40 to 60 swings you get when the pump is cycling on and off.
I have considered that after doing some research on it.

Marks84

Reaction score
Could you adapt the old connection ?[/QUOTE]
I did try that but could not get it to work. It seemed like a 1" male compression adapter and a 1/2 rigid nipple from that into the tank.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks