Maintenance for tankless

Users who are viewing this thread

Ellie

Reaction score
Hello. I'm very new to tankless water heaters. We got a house that has one installed and working. My question is about how to maintain it healthy))
We have Aqua-Pure scale inhibitor system Model AP430SS installed on cold intake pipe. My silly question is do I still have to flush the tankless water heater with white vinegar (or other special descaling solution) once a year?
Thank you!

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
jomar-tankless-kit.jpg

I'm assuming you installed some valves like this to the tankless which allow for hooking up hoses which are used with a bucket of vinegar and a pump.
The ball valve close off the incoming cold and hot output and allow pumping the vinegar through the unit and back into the bucket.

If you have an air intake with a filter screen it's a good idea to check that from time to time too.

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks