LP Gas Regulator Install

Users who are viewing this thread

RMAR10

Reaction score
I'm switching out my two electric HVAC units with LP Gas and replacing hot water tank with tankless LP gas (1 HVAC and WH are in a walk in attic, 2nd HVAC in the upper attic). I have a 1\2" LP gas line going to the house, which currently only runs my gas fireplace, so there's no 2nd stage regulator. I plan to put a 2nd stage at the house to then drive the FP, WH and 2 HVAC units. Going to run black pipe up the outside wall, into the walk in attic, then to the upper attic. No CSS pipe or regulators in the attic. I figure I need a 1" pipe out of the 2nd stage regulator. The regulators I see only have 3/4" outputs. Is it ok to use a expander on the output of the regulator to go from 3/4" to 1"? Not sure if that will affect the gas flow.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks