Lose water pressure when using hose outside.

Users who are viewing this thread

Thomas Wallace

Reaction score
Recently whenever I try to do anything outside(fill kiddie pool, pressure wash truck etc.) my water pressure disappears after about 15 minutes. Then after another 10-15 minutes it's back to normal. It's never been a problem the last 7 years and I have no issues with normal day to day things like showering and laundry.

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
Seven years is the actual design life of all submersible pumps/motors. They can usually take about 7 year of cycling on and off before they are destroyed. When running water outside your pump is probably cycling pretty fast, which is now causing the overload in the motor to trip. These are auto resetting overloads and will cool off and restart the motor in a minute or two. The longer it takes for the motor to come back on, the hotter the overload was when the pump went off.

Stopping the pump from cycling by adding a Cycle Stop Valve will make it last 3-4 times longer than the planned obsolescence time of 7 years. Adding a CSV now will stop the destructive cycling. But it cannot help with the 7 years of damage already on the pump. When the overloads start tripping, it is just a matter of time before it won't reset and water stops coming out of your faucets until you get a new pump.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks