Looking to upgrade my home's well setup

Users who are viewing this thread

Coot

Reaction score
Hi,
Purchased this home in 09. Its got 2 1/2 baths and a household of 6. 5 of them are women aged 12 yrs old + who shower alot and we do at least one load of laundry daily.
our well pressure has been crap since day 1. everyone's always complaining of no pressure. I dont have a softener connected and its still bad with an existing 20 gallon pressure tank.

Here's my dilemma,
pressure tank is rusting ( no leaks yet)
I followed the instructions on figuring out my flow rate and calculated 3.125 gpm
the well pump is 60' below surface (220v submersible pump)

I've been doing alot of googling and have a couple concerns

1. Unsure what hp my current pump is and what i should purchase. I think i figured out i need 12-14 gpm for my household
2. Since i need a new tank, do i go the CSV route with smaller tank or upgrade my 20 gallon to a larger tank 36+
3. I want to add a water softener system to help with the hard water but worried about flow loss(only have a pre filter and whole house filter currently)
4. Can i trust buying online? ( trying to save a bit, def not a wealthy man )

I'd appreciate any input :)

Thanks!

Reach4

Reaction score
Unsure what hp my current pump is and what i should purchase. I think i figured out i need 12-14 gpm for my household
Few households need 12 gpm.

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
10-12 GPM is not a bad idea with a half dozen women in the house. Water comes from the pump and well not the tank. The PK1A with a 10 gallon tank would be a good choice as it can maintain a strong constant pressure in the house while using anything between 1 and 12 GPM.

Coot

Reaction score
What do you recommend for a pump size? it looks like a 4" steel pipe

Attachments

• unnamed.jpg
    unnamed.jpg
    127.1 KB · Views: 127

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
From a 60' well a 3/4HP, 10 GPM pump would supply 3-4 showers at the same time, and the CSV1A as in the PK1A kit would make it deliver strong constant pressure even when just 1 shower is being used.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks