New well setup

Users who are viewing this thread

Robert61

Reaction score
I need to gather everything for my well setup. I have a 35 gpm 2 hp pump. I do have the pump in the ground and functioning but with no cut off now. I know I need the pk1a. I need to get my pressure tank ordered. I was going to order a 119 gallon tank but I’m reading this is not necessary. On the other hand I read about using 2 pressure tanks in series. What do I actually need? Thanks

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
30+ years ago the best you could have done was to use a couple of big pressure tanks. These days there are much better ways to eliminate cycling than to use big pressure tanks. I would use a PK125 with a 10 gallon size pressure tank and a 40/60 pressure switch. The CSV12550-1 valve in that kit will maintain 50 PSI constant when using more than 1 GPM flow.

PK125 with no Hydrant at well tank at house.jpg

Robert61

Reaction score
Thank you Valveman. I was a little concerned about that valve because they say it weeps water and should not be used indoors. I guess I’ll have to figure that part out.

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
The CSV125 only leaks water when there is sediment or slimy stuff like iron bacteria present. If you have good clean water they will last a long time. Had the same one on my well for 23 years so far. Notice also there are alternate locations for the CSV125 where aif a small leak develops it should not be a problem.

The best valve for that size pump is the CSV3A2T, which will work great and does not leak even with debris in the water.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks